Most municipalities require fences around swimming pools to reduce the risk of swimming pool accidents. A well-constructed fence with self-latching gates can significantly reduce the chances of children having unrestricted access to a swimming pool. Each municipality sets the standard for the required height of a pool fence, but most pool fences must be at least 48". For families with young kids, both a perimeter fence and a fence between the house and pool are recommended.
Cavalier Fence can provide and install an ornamental aluminum pool fence to help prevent unauthorized access to your swimming pool. All materials and installation will be done in accordance with the guidelines set by B.O.C.A (The Building Officials and Code Administrators) which outlines safety measures for swimming pool fences. Following are the recommended basic requirements.
- Fence must be at least 48" tall
- Minimum space between the lowermost top rail and the bottom rail must be at least 45"
- Some fence styles, if chosen, may have to be taller than 48"
- Spacing between pickets must be less than 4" (a 4" ball can not fit through)
- Space between the bottom rail and the ground must be less than 4"
- Gates must be self-closing
- Gates must be self-latching
- Gates need to open out (away from the pool)
- Opening mechanism of the latch must be at least 54" above ground
As local laws and regulations may vary from the B.O.C.A. standards we will check with the local authorities in your juristiction to confirm if there are any variations.
Aluminum Pool Fence 05Ornamental Aluminum Pool Fencing
Aluminum Pool Fence 06Ornamental Aluminum Pool Fencing
Aluminum Pool Fence 03Ornamental Aluminum Pool Fencing
Aluminum Pool Fence 01Ornamental Aluminum Pool Fencing
Aluminum Pool Fence 04Ornamental Aluminum Pool Fencing
Aluminum Pool Fence 02Ornamental Aluminum Pool Fencing